Installation Instructions and Tips
Brush Weatherseals install in 5 easy steps:
- Measure the door (bottom, jambs and header).
- Cut the brush and holder to length.
- Pry open the ends of the holder with a screwdriver.
- Insert the brush into the holder and peen both ends of the holder with a hammer to lock the brush in place.
- Mount the seal by holding the aluminum flange to the jambs or door bottom while aligning brush to the proper fit. Then secure with self-drilling screws provided. Slotted holes allow for easy final adjustment for the perfect fit.
- Cut Brush with diagonal cutting pliers, shears or bolt cutters. Cutting action must pinch ends closed to seal in filaments.
- Cut Holder with hack saw, power saw (with metal cutting blade), or angle iron shear.
- Mount Jamb Seals for either entrance or overhead doors by installing header first, then measure for jamb seal. Mount so brush is flexed slightly against the door to ensure complete seal and to compensate for wind deflection.
- Mount Sweep so brush just touches floor or top of threshold.
- Mount Astragal Seals so brushes just touch in the center of gap between doors.
the Brush when door dimensions exceed stocked weatherseal
lengths. "Splice" 2 or more
pieces together by staggering the brush and holder joints.
Tips for Working with Flex Brush
- Brush with a channel size of A can be cut with regular household scissors, larger channel sizes are more easily cut with heavier snips.
- Flexible strip brush can be mounted with or without a holder.
- Flexible brush with channel size of A or C stores in rolls and is easily cut to size as needed.
- WEATHERSEAL Products
- Entry Doors
- Overhead Doors
- Commercial/Large Doors
- Custom and Bulk Materials
- Sectional Door Seals
- Thresholds – Garage
- Therm-L-Brush – Nylon
- Weatherseal Kits
- ProSeal – Polypropylene
- Dock Leveler Seals
- Flexible Strip Brush
- Pest Control
- Integrated Pest Mangement
- How to Order
- Installation Tips
- Stock Quick Guide
- Download Center
- New and Featured Products
- Sustainable Solutions